Malpua is very famous sweet in India. It is mainly made during festivals. its ingredients are not costly and they are easily available.
Ingredients required to make malpua are:
all purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
semolina – ½ cup; sugar – 1.5 cup
milk – 1.5 cup; water as required
food color (orange) – 1 pinch
oil for deep frying
Step by step recipe of malpua is:
- Take all-purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup in mixing bowl. Add semolina – ½ cup, sugar -1/2 cup
- Add milk – 1cup little by little and prepare a liquidy batter. You can check batter consistency from video.
- Cover and rest batter for 30 minutes.
- Now prepare sugar syrup. Take ½ cup water in a pan. Add sugar – 1 cup.
- Cook at low to medium flame till sugar is dissolved in water. Stir in-between. Then add cardamom 3-4.
- Sugar syrup should be little sticky. No need to make one string sugar syrup.
- Add food color 1 pinch in sugar syrup to enhance the color. It is completely optional. Mix well again and turn OFF flame.
- Uncover batter after 30 minutes and mix well again. Batter is now denser as it has soaked milk so add some more amount of milk and reduce consistency of batter. You can check consistency from video. Batter should be of running consistency. Overall we have used 1 and ½ cup of milk.
- When adding milk, add it little by little as there is chance that batter will become more diluted due to more milk.
- Now for deep frying of malpua, heat oil in a pan. When oil is medium heated, then drop one spoon batter in oil at high flame. Drop batter at one point, do not spread, it will automatically spread.
- When malpua is puffed up, turn flame low and flip malpua to fry its other side.
- Fry malpua till it become golden brown. Flame will be low/medium.
- Take out malpua from oil when its color changes to golden brown. Repeat this same process for all batter.
- When all malpua is ready, dip them in sugar syrup for 5 minutes and take them out. In sugar syrup, flip malpua to soak it from both sides.
- Finally you can garnish malpuas and then serve