Ingredients required to make kele ki barfi are:
Banana – 5
Milk – 2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Orange food color – 2 pinches(optional)
Cardamom – 1/4 tsp
Coconut powder – 1 cup
Dry fruits for garnishing
Step by step recipe of kele ki barfi is:
- Take 5 bananas and make slices of those bananas in a bowl. Mash all these slices and make thick paste. You can add 1-2 tsp milk during making paste. Adding milk is optional.
- Boil 2 cup of milk in a pan. Then add mashed bananas.
- Cook and stir this mixture till thick paste is not formed. Keep flame high or medium. It will take around 7-8 minutes.
- When thick paste is formed, add sugar – 1 cup in it and mix well. You can increase or decrease amount of sugar according to your taste.
- To enhance the color of barfi, add food color one pinch. This is completely optional. It will not change taste of barfi.
- Add cardamom powder – ¼ tsp and mix well. This is also to enhance the taste of barfi.
- Add desiccated coconut – 1 cup and mix well again. Cook whole mixture at low flame till it turns into dense mixture.
- Take out mixture into a greased tray. Spread and level the mixture into tray. Garnish with dry fruits and press dry fruits over leveled mixture.
- Now rest the barfi mixture for 2 hours in fridge to set.
- After 2 hours make pieces and now kele ki barfi is ready to serve.