Dry chili paneer is very tasty cuisine. Though number ingredients are more, it takes less time to cook.
Ingredients required to make dry chilli paneer are as follows:
cottage cheese (paneer) 300 gm; salt as per taste
ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
all purpose flour (maida) – 2 tsp; capsicum – 1
onion -2; garlic 8-10; ginger – 2”
corn flour – 1 tsp; water as required
oil for frying; tomato sauce – 2 tsp
soya sauce – 1 tsp; vinegar – 1 tsp
black pepper powder – ½ tsp
orange food color – 1 pinch
green chili- 2; red chili sauce 2 tsp
spring onion for garnishing
Step by step recipe of dry chili paneer is:
- Take cottage cheese (paneer) cubes – 300 gm in mixing bowl.
- Add black pepper – ¼ tsp, ginger- garlic paste – ½ tsp, salt – ¼ tsp or as per taste. Now mix these things with light hand.
- Add all-purpose flour (maida) – 2 tsp, corn flour – 1 tsp. Again mix these things with light hand.
- Now we will shallow fry cubes.
- Take oil 7-8 tsp in pan and heat for one minute.
- Add paneer cubes one by one into pan for shallow fry. Keep flame low. Now fry cubes till they become light brown. Flip cubes in-between so that all the sides of cube get fried properly. Keep flame low during this time.
- Take out paneer cubes from pan when they turn light brown. If possible, use tissue paper in plate to absorb extra oil.
- Now again heat 2 tsp oil in a pan for one minute.
- Add chopped garlic 8-10, chopped ginger – 2 “, chopped green chili – 2, chopped capsicum – 1, and chopped onion – 2. Now cook these things for one minute at medium flame. You can take more or less chili and chop capsicum and onion in cube form means in bigger pieces than usual.
- After one minute add red chili sauce – 2 tsp (you can take green chili sauce also), tomato sauce – 2 tsp and soya sauce – 1 tsp. Mix well these ingredients.
- Now add black pepper – ¼ tsp, salt- ¼ tsp (or as per taste), water 4-5 tsp, vinegar – 1 tsp. Mix these things again and cook for one more minute at low flame.
- After one minute add fried paneer cubes and mix gently.
- Add orange food color – 1 pinch just to enhance the color. It is completely optional. In place of food color you can use Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Cook one more minute at low flame and garnish with spring onion.
- Dry chili paneer is ready to serve.